KeyShot 7.3 has been released and is now available for download – existing users will receive an update notification in the software at startup. Full release notes below:
Release Date: 4/5/18
- NEW KeyShot Viewer – A free, touch-enabled, desktop application for Mac and Windows that enables KeyShot scenes to be securely shared with anyone for interactive viewing, presentation, and configuration. Download here.
- “Add Multi-Material” to Queue (KeyShot Pro) – In the Queue tab of the Render dialog there is a new button for Add Multi-Material that will allow you to select a Multi-Material in your scene and have each sub-material rendered out. This function will add a single job to the Render Queue that contains all sub-materials.
- Added Save for KeyShot Viewer under File menu with option to add password protection and watermarking.
- SOLIDWORKS 2018 direct import support.
- Sketchup 2018 direct import support.
- NX12 direct import support.
- Model Variations area is hidden in Presentation Mode if there is only one variation.
- Improved setup time for scenes with Rounded Edges.
- Render Materials automatically in Configurator Wizard.
- Added Turntable animations to top-level models in the Scene Tree.
- Updated Scripting to Python 3.6.4
- Metadata now outputs via Network Rendering for Still Images.
Noteworthy Bug Fixes
- Fixed crash that occurred after renaming Model Set and opening the Configurator Wizard.
- Fixed crash when saving package related to texture naming.
- Fixed Plugin connection issue with “Just for me” installations.
- Files saved with Ground Shadows disabled will now show Ground Shadows when enabled after saving and reopening.
- Fixed Ground Shadow visibility error that could occur when toggling between Studios.
- Fixed double buttons in scripting console.
- Fixed Environment thumbnail creation when saving to Library.
- Fixed issue in which Labels would not appear in Clown Pass or Labels Pass when “Apply Bump to Labels” is enabled for that Label.
- Render Passes and Render Layers are now output correctly for KeyShotXR.
- Fixed issue where real-time view could be off-center when opened on mac.
- Fixed quality issue with Clown and Labels pass when black and white image was used to define opacity of a label.
- When sending jobs from KeyShot 6 to KeyShot 7 Network Rendering or opening KeyShot 6 scenes in KeyShot 7 there may be a difference in environment lighting that would be visible on materials with Roughness applied due to a half pixel shift which has now made KeyShot 7 Environments more accurate in appearance.
- Ground Shadows become visible when exiting Performance Mode when Ground Shadows are disabled in the Environment tab.
- Rendering very high resolution images with Render Passes, Bloom, Chromatic Abberation or Vignetting may cause Network Rendering Master to stall if there is insufficient memory.
- Rendering high resolution images with Bloom, Chromatic Abberation or Vignetting may cause visual artifacts when rendered locally and via Network Rendering.
- Rounded Edges are lost after Update Geometry.
- Possible banding with Interior Mode when rendered via Network Rendering. Lower resolution images will have a higher banding visibility.
- When rendering scenes in KeyShot 6 via KeyShot 7 Network Rendering (from a mac client) the correct environment file may not be sent causing the lighting to appear different in the output.
- Parts/sub-groups that are locked and in a shown state do not maintain a shown state when toggling visibility of their parent group.